- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Yogurt
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Barley or Turkish Yarma (if unavailable, regular short-grain white rice would work too)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil, More to Drizzle on Top
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Tbsp Dried Mint
- Fresh Mint Leaves to Garnish
- In a large pot, add water, yogurt, egg yolk and flour and whisk together until well-blended and you see no lumps.
- Heat the pot on medium-high and wait for it to boil - whisk the soup every once in a while so all the ingredients are mixed together evenly.
- Add in cooked barley / rice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to medium low and simmer for roughly 25 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté finely diced onion until it is translucent. Add dried mint and heat on low for about 30 seconds more. Add the onion mixture to the soup and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle more Zeytin Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top and add a sprig of fresh mint leaves to garnish. Enjoy!