Note: Cedric Grolet makes his cookies with caramelized pistachios and caramel sauce. This recipe is relatively healthier and excludes the two ingredients. Also, depending on desired sweetness, the two pistachio butters can be alternately used. Personally I do not like my cookies to be too sweet.
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g Peppertux Farms Unsweetened Pistachio Butter
- 60g granulated sugar
- 65g brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 160g all-purpose flower
- 50g Peppertux Farms Original Pistachio Butter
- 25g Peppertux Farms Unsweetened Pistachio Butter
- 1/4 cup whole shelled pistachios
- For Cedric Grolet’s original recipe, 50g caramel sauce + caramelized pistachios would be needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix softened butter and Peppertux Farms Unsweetened Pistachio Butter together.
- Add in both sugars, salt and egg. Whisk until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and flour together. Sift flour mixture into the pistachio mixture.
- Gently combine and let the cookie dough sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Use a large cookie scoop and place on a baking tray, a few inches apart. Gently flatten the cookies to about 1/2 inch thick, ensuring the shape remains as a circle.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, place Peppertux Farms Original Pistachio Butter and Unsweetened Pistachio butter in two separate piping bags.
- Take the cookies out, gently flatten them again with a spatula and insert Peppertux Farms Original Pistachio Butter throughout the cookie.
- Place the cookies back into the oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish the cookie with Peppertux Farms Unsweetened Pistachio Butter and shelled pistachios.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire wrack.