Here is an amazing recipe we first saw from Love & Olive Oil and customized to our liking and have been baking this probably at least twice a month.
These pistachio cookies are amazingly decadent, rich, flavorful and pretty much to die for! We adjusted the original recipe a little and know that you're going to love this!
For Chocolate Thumbprints:
- 10 tablespoons (142g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (33g) sifted cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pistachios
- 1 large egg yolk (reserve the white)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
For Pistachio Cream Filling:
- 1.5 ounces (43g) white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (48g) Pistachio butter - The Original
- 2 teaspoons (4g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together butter and sugar with medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and pistachio extract.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt together until homogenous. Add to mixing bowl with butter mixture, and mix on low speed until just incorporated and mixture comes together into a stiff dough.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly dip the ball of dough into reserved egg white, then roll between your palms until it’s thinly coated with egg white. Roll in chopped pistachios until evenly covered, then place on baking sheet, then press with your thumb or measuring spoon to indent.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set and slightly puffed and edges are slightly darker in color. Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Melt white chocolate in a glass container over boiling water.
- Spoon as much as you want from our Original Pistachio Butter into the center of each cookie
- Let cool at room temperature for about 2 hours until set, or speed up the process by refrigerating the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until centers are no longer shiny.
Enjoy and try not to finish all in one sitting!